December 11, 2010

Off week

I've felt somewhat off all week. Though I started with a great weight that brought me down to 21lbs lost ... two days later I was up 2 lbs. Only thing I can think of was a tea I had in the evenings. No sugar or even "sugar" in it, but had a "proprietary blend of herbs" in it. Felt crappy for two days. Feel like I'm fighting off a cold.

Last night was the first night I felt "deprived". Some friends and I hit the Christkindle market downtown and all the smells of my homeland were beckoning me. But I said "no". Still frustrated to not be down again though ...

But then today. Today was simply awesome. Love the peeps at Windy City. Such an encouraging bunch.

Hit 2 PRs in the snatch (my second and third attempt) ... felt like I could have lifted more. Also PRd on the clean and jerk. Again, left me feeling like I could have gone up. Watching other lifters was like a little workout as I would hold my breath as they were lifting. Love this stuff.

And yes Sheena and Meagles ... I would take the PRs over ... well you know. ;-).

2 comments:

  1. CONGRATS on the PRs, Anja! Don't sweat the small stuff on the scale, either. You have probably lost body fat and gained some lean body mass at the same time (thus the PRs!). Your scale weight is also going to vary based on how hydrated you were, the time of the month, and so much more. Wait until Sunday to truly measure your awesome successes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!!!

    I'll go with your assessment Kim! ;-).

    Sunday draws nigh. Sucks that I'm feeling sick and haven't been able to hit the box this week either.

    ReplyDelete