October 26, 2010

Best Chicken Recipe!

As has been discussed here previously, one of the tricky things about paleo is boredom. To combat this, I try to find new recipes every week. Some are winners and some...are not. This one, however, is a WINNER! (I would say winner winner chicken dinner but Ashley hates that). It is from balancedbites.com (thanks for forwarding this blog Ash) and it literally took no time to make. I used boneless skinless chicken thighs (b/c that's what I had) and coconut oil for the fat. I also just stuck the whole skillet into the oven instead of transferring to a cookie sheet (saves on clean up!) I served it with green beans and it was scrumptious. We will be making this one again next week but doubling the recipe!

Chicken Thighs with Honey-Mustard Sauce
(all measurements are approximate, use all organic ingredients when possible)

Ingredients

6 Organic Free-Range Chicken Thighs (bone-in, skin-on)
2 Tbsp Melted Butter, ghee or coconut oil
1-2 Tbsp Gluten-Free Stone Ground Mustard
1 Tbsp Raw Honey (buying it locally is ideal)
1/2 Tsp Paprika
Celtic/Sea Salt (Redmond's Real Salt is my favorite!), to taste

Preparation
• Pre- heat the oven to 375 degrees.
• Combine melted butter, mustard, honey paprika and salt in a small bowl to
create a sauce for the chicken.
• Dredge each chicken thigh in the sauce, spreading it evenly onto the skin and bottom side. Use a brush if you find it helpful.
• When the skillet is heated, place the thighs skin side down into the pan. Allow the thighs to cook for approximately 2-4 minutes until golden brown on the skin side.
• Flip the thighs over for about 2 minutes in the skillet, then transfer to a cookie sheet and place into the oven until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees. (Approx 20 minutes).
• Remove the chicken from the oven and allow it to cool before eating or storing.

Note: upon cooling, the butter and sauce will become hardened. Scoop a portion of it out when you re-heat the chicken to eat later. Place it on top of the meat and it will melt back into a delicious sauce!

3 comments:

  1. This looks great Yaz, I'll have to try it out. Also, I bought the Redmond's Real Salt this past weekend at WF, it's 3.99 for the container I got and it's pretty good salt. I was tasting the Redmond's compared to the Kosher stuff I used to use and it's so much better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This chicken is good, easy and cheap...just like I like my men. Zing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tried this out tonight with my kids, they loved it and so did I! Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete