December 19, 2010

It's Over?



What I learned from the Paleo Challenge:
1) I love WCCF even more than I did before the challenge. It was great to meet more people through this challenge. For those of you I didn't meet, you were also providing me with the the strength and determination to make it through this challenge. Thank You.
2) Eating Paleo wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be. In the beginning I definitely felt deprived but I quickly liked how I felt and looked more than how good something tasted!
3) It was a great motivator when people noticed the changes in my body!
4) It's OK not to be 100% Paleo 100% of the time! I didn't give up alcohol and I did eat Larabars when I was in a pinch for a quick snack, but other than that, I was pretty strict. Oh, I forgot about the lobster gnocchi I ate in NYC last weekend. I only had one bite and it was yummy!
5) I realized that setting goals, any goals, is the best way to ensure I achieve them.
I got my body fat tested yesterday at Steve B's office. Here are my before and after results:
Before
Weight 158.2 lbs.
Lean Body Mass 123.0 lbs.
Fat Mass 35.2 lbs.
Body Fat 22.2%
After
Weight 154.4 lbs.
Lean Body Mass 126.1 lbs.
Fat Mass 28.4 lbs.
Body Fat 18.4%
I went to a party last night and stayed as Paleo as I could. I ate grapes, red bell peppers, cucumbers, nuts, and salami. On Christmas Eve, I will be eating Swedish Meatballs and potatoes in memory of my father. Then it's back at it!
Merry Christmas all. It's been fun!
Super G

3 comments:

  1. Dang girl ... look at those abs. Great job!!!

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I noticed the fucking awesome abs and those guns girls! Skinny bitches can't reproduce the guns! Well done. You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Ladies. I am eating eggs and bacon as I type this. Motivation to continue!

    ReplyDelete