December 18, 2010

Final Thought

So in reading your stories and reading other paleo stuff I keep coming across examples when paleo people go off the wagon and feel terrible. The times I've had sugar during the challenge I have felt fine and in a way I was kind of envious of the built in motivation others had. Kind of like how you would be less likely to drink if you knew you would have a hangover 10 times worse than usual. Laird Hamilton has this great line about how he wants his body to be like a good diesel truck. You give it the best stuff, but if you have to give it something bad once in a while you can still be OK. That is kind of how I have been.

So I am over at my sister's house for our annual cookie baking extravaganza. I figured that I was less than 24 hours from weigh in so I couldn't do too much damage and I would just have some cookies. Oh my gosh do I feel terrible. I just Googled how to make yourself hurl and have decided that to do so would be making a bad situation much much worse (New slogan, "If life hands you lemons, give yourself papercuts and then pour the lemon juice all over them").

Ugghhh. OK, Doogie or people that have been to Doogie's house, is it an OK place to bring little people to? I really would like my boys, 7 and 3, to see all of the athletes and get a feel for the diversity and the discipline of the group. But since I haven't met you, Doogie, I want to make sure you have a child friendly place ( no velvet paintings of Elvis, the works of L. Ron Hubbard lying around, pictures of David Hasselhoff from Night Rider, etc etc).

Thanks all.

Colin

No comments:

Post a Comment