December 7, 2010

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast

If you get that reference without googling it, well, you rule. Wanted to ask the opinion of the counsel regarding smoked fish. I was feeling peckish last night, after a great salmon and Brussels sprout meal (lemon and garlic is so much better than the boiled that I was raised upon), and started rooting through my cabinets. I shit you not, all I could find that was protein rich, that would require no prep, was a can of smocked haddock from trader joes. I don't even know where it came from, but I remember loving smoked cod growing up, and I figured there wasn't too much of a difference. Taste was nice, and relatively high in protein and good fats, with low processing, what's the general opinion on this sort of thing? Yay or nay?

1 comment:

  1. I'm not sure about smoked haddock, but canned sardines packed in oil are very healthy for your body and has a nice protein level.

    ReplyDelete