December 27, 2010

Back in the Schwing of Things

Well, I don't know about you lot, but my diet went to shit when I was on vacation. My mother does indeed stock the house with a ton of high quality food, all meat from a butcher from a town in upstate NY where we have property, plenty of fresh greens. That's the good. The bad is a bottle of wine or two a night at dinner, a mountain of cheese, and specialty Greek and English cookies and confectioneries we only get this time of year. My Christmas is your thanksgiving.

Stopping by TJ's on the way home, it felt only natural to visit the meat and veggie isle, which is a good thing. My processed food will remain nill (hopefully) and once my schedule rights itself, it'll be on to more experimentation with cooking and quality cuts. I have this beautiful Le Creuset Cast Iron Skillet on my desk (from my parents), new meat thermometer, and a slow cooker (from my brother) waiting to take on some new recipes including previously mentioned salt crusted lamb, lamb shanks with dill, some steaks, and of course the pork shoulder I've waited ever so long to do right.


Without further ado, here are my before and afters. I expect you ALL to do the same, even if you must decapitate yourself.








1 comment: