December 8, 2010

emosong thought train

I was writing a really great emosong the other day. Mostly it was about how I wanted to be really indulgent. I wanted to pamper myself and just do something super awesome that was all about me . . . and go to starbucks and get a (totally mediocre at best) muffin and a soy latte. I was thinking all about how great this would be. How it would be a really good treat for myself, a really kind gesture of lovingkindness – like a Christmas present to me, from me. And as this emosong thought train was chugging along I was ruminating on how much BETTER and EASIER this would be than prepping all my meals from scratch almost every day, pretty much all the time. At which I point I realized I make 3 SQUARES A DAY from delicious GOOD FOOD and isn’t that BETTER THAN A STUPID FAKE MUFFIN LATTE SNACK? (clearly yes) And I mean, honestly, how much more self indulgent and pampering can you be, than to care enough about yourself to do that. So I realized what I wanted wasn’t a special treat for me, I just wanted to be lazy. I get special treats at EVERY MEAL because I make them. So then I stopped writing an emosong and composed a power ballad instead.

2 comments: