October 23, 2010

Strong as a fracking horse!

Alright so I think my body is finally getting used to this Paleo stuff (or at least my body is starting to use my food as fuel/repair/etc).

Thursday night I clean and jerked 80 kilos (1st time in 3-4 years) and it was EASY. Then I tried for 85. I made the clean, missed the jerk. It is close and I will try for this PR at the meet on November 6th.

Today I hit a front squat PR of 215lbs! Now we are talking lifetieme PR here - even better than competition days. I tried for 225 and got stuck in the middle. I have never been this strong in my life....

I think it took my body a good month to catch on, so post challenge I will keep eating Paleo and trying for higher PR's. Why not?!


I am also eating far less fruit, much more meat (sometimes a pound at a sitting), more fat, and some veggies here and there. That is my dangerous update! Are you guys getting pumped for measurements?

3 comments:

  1. That is great Cori. Though I haven't hit any PR's since on Paloe, I do feel like my performance is stronger at the box.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's probably a correlation between your protein intake being better and hitting more PRs. How was your diet before?

    Regardless, as previously stated, you are strong. Nice lifts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah. i'm no Ash or Danger, but i've also hit two PRs this month, even though i've had a nasty chest cold. great work, guys!

    ReplyDelete