September 29, 2010

Day 11 and the Makings of a Yaz-aster




Day 11 in the books and this paleo thing is truly becoming more of a lifestyle (as opposed to a death march). That said, I face my biggest challenge yet tomorrow. More on that later....

Today was awesome. Breakfast was the standard egg and bacon. Lunch was Ashley's delicious meatball recipe in a bit of sugar free, organic, blah blah blah tomato sauce with an apple and the ever present banana/date muffin. Felt awesome all day though I did get a little hungry before today's WOD. I blame that on a colleague stealing all my almonds. Grrrrr. Dinner was a brand new recipe straight from Sheena's cookbook - a little chicken curry in a coconut sauce. It was fan--freaking-tastic and will definitely become a dinner staple in the Mancini house. Dingo actually dumped the leftover sauce on Ashley's meatballs and even that was great! More muffins for dessert....

I think the biggest thing I have learned so far is that one paleo size does not fit all. If the goal is to decrease fat and/or increase lean muscle mass you need to find what works for you. I have also learned that my husband can eat insane amounts of chicken when forced. Look out Joey Chestnut!!

As for tomorrow....it has the makings of a Yaz-aster. The conference circuit I sometimes frequent will be in Chicago and finding a trial attorney who doesn't drink is like finding sunscreen on Snooki. Did I mention it happens to be Wine Week at Smith and Wollensky where I will be eating lunch? And let's not forget the cocktail party tomorrow night. Ugh. While I know I will be able to eat properly the siren song of wine calls....

4 comments:

  1. The curry looks freakin fantastic. Please share the recipe! I love curries!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Beck! It was super easy. I used about a pound (maybe more) of chicken breasts and thighs, salted/peppered and cut into strips. Brown that in some olive oil and remove from pan. Then add some more olive oil and sautee 2 diced onions and 3 finely diced garlic clove until soft. Add 2 Tbl. of thai red curry paste and 1 tsp of turmeric, mix together for a minute. Then add a can of coconut milk and 12 fresh bay leaves and simmer for about 15 minutes. I added the chicken back in for the simmering part. It was good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What brand of curry paste did you use? I've heard the Thai Kitchen is just "eh", so I wasn't sure if you had a better option.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Used Thai kitchen and it was pretty good! Perhaps the added turmeric helped. I usually make my own curry spice mix but the thai jitchen curry one was delish.

    ReplyDelete